26′ Landing School
BVI Yacht Sales Overview
This quintessential New England modern classic ‘spirit of tradition’ daysailer would be a perfect way to explore the Virgin Islands in style. The boat is primarily designed for day sailing, but she is also equipped with a V berth for weekend stays.
The hull is balanced, with relatively narrow beam, moderate displacement, fin keel, and a spade rudder. Stability comes from a low center of gravity rather than wide beam, thereby allowing the LS-26 Weekender to stay on her feet and maintain her balance. She also has 2 reef points on the mainsail for those windy days!
Built by Maine’s The Landing School in 2002, her cold molded construction is stiff, light and low maintenance when compared to a traditional wooden boat, yet she still boasts the beautiful construction details of a wooden boat. The Landing School reinforces and preserves traditional design and construction methods while advancing the art of boat building, design and maintenance through the integration of modern techniques and contemporary materials.
VIM is in near pristine condition and has received custom awlgrip, new mast and upgraded electronics in 2018 and a total rebuild on the engine in 2015. She would make a perfect weekend getaway yacht and is guaranteed to turn heads wherever she sails.
- ICOM M-422 VHF radio, masthead stainless antenna
- Navigation and interior lighting
- 2018 B&G Triton Depth, Speed, and Wind instruments 2 displays
- Plastimo compass
- 2 Electric bilge pumps on automatic float switches, 1 manual bilge pump at helm
- 2 12v batteries, 2 solar panels, electrical panel with 8 new 2015 breakers and new digital voltmeter
- 2018 New aluminum mast (Matterhorn White Awlgrip), new rigging & Harken jib furler
- Dacron mail and jib sails by Maine Sailing Partners, good condition
- Easy mainsail-furling, Just release/drop the main into the tan Sunbrella lazy bag-cover, zip it up
- 4 Lewmar chromed winches
- Many chromed-bronze deck hardware parts replated 2015
- Cold-Molded wood hull and deck. US red cedar wood impregnated with West System epoxy, combines best features of wood and very strong, low-maintenance, fiberglass-like construction
- 2018 New custom navy blue hull Awlgrip paint.
- 3 Anchors (Storm, overnight, lunch hook), aluminum extending boat hook, 4 fenders with fleece covers, dark navy blue braid dock lines, West Marine inflatable life preservers
- 3 Covers: Large and small vinyl cockpit covers. Custom fitted storage cover for off-season extends from stem to transom, covers the entire boat to the waterline
- Sunbrella varnish covers for all toerails and foredeck hatch
- Deck and cockpit painted mid-tan, cabin interior is matte white
- 2015 all-new cockpit and cabin cushions: Light beige Sunbrella covers with zippers (for easy laundering) over new foam cushions
Beam: 7 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 4ft 3in
Displacement: 4,630 lbs
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Engine Model: 12C
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive