37′ Tayana Cutter
BVI Yacht Sales Overview
1978 Tayana Cutter 37
The Tayana 37 is a boat designed for tropical sunsets in exotic locations and is one of the most popular off shore cruising vessels of all time. Her beautiful custom interior, wrapped into traditional double-ender hull with a full keel has been constructed of the finest materials, using the best techniques to ensure that there is no better yacht in her size range on the market.
With care and proper maintenance she will not only prove to be an excellent investment, she will take you cruising anywhere in the world safely and comfortably. This is being proven almost daily. Ocean crossings by Tayana 37 are routine. Circumnavigations have been reported and over 500 of these yachts are the primary homes of their owners.
Lorna doone has recently had her rig inspected and all the spreaders ad chainplates replaced and rebedded. The engines transmission was rebuilt recently, and has a new cutlass bearing and starter battery. She is fully equipped with an extensive amount of tools and spares.
- Deck Hull
- Galley and Water Systems
- Electronics and Navigation
- Sails and Rigging
- Safety, Extras and Spares
- Hatches Two (2) Lewmar aluminum and lexan opening hatches.
- One (1) wood side opening hatch.
- Portholes: All Bronze opening port-lights with screens.
- Eight (8) four on each port and starboard sides.
- Two (2) on forward cabin house.
- Two (2) aft facing cockpit.
- Stainless steel stanchions attached to bases run perimeter of deck port to starboard.
- Bow Pulpit
- Stern pushpit
- Stainless steel rail
- Deck: white gel coat with molded in non-skid. Painting is in fair condition.
- Two (2) teak hand rails port and starboard on cabin house top.
- Life lines
- There are two rows of braided lines as safety lines.
- Stainless steel cleats
- Wood bowsprit anchor platform with bow roller.
- Manually operated dinghy davit mounted on aft main deck.
- Swimming ladder – and boarding step
- Various dock lines and anchor snubber
- Tiller – Emergency tiller
- Cabin bright work Satin varnish finish.
- Cabinets, lockers, drawers, and shelving
- Solid wood cabin and head doors throughout the vessel.
- Fabric and cushions reflect good care and normal wear and tear for a
- vessel of this age.
- Forward V berth and headroom, aft berth on starboard and galley to port.
- (1) head manual flush
- Shower fixture at the headroom.
- Bedding, pillows and towels in good condition
- The faucet fixtures in the head and in the galley.
- Single stainless steel sink.
- 12 volt cabin lights throughout the vessel
- 12v interior fans
- Cabin sole teak
- The galley is on the port side main salon, near the companionway entrance.
- Pots, pans, utensils
- Gruner 12 volt refrigeration.
- Shipmate LPG marine two burner and oven.
- Fresh water capacity 100 gallons
- Holding tank
- 12 volt demand diaphragm fresh water pump.
- Ecotech drinking water filter with UV light
- Stainless steel sink with hot and cold mixer faucet
- Shore power inlet + cable
- (2) West Marine SGM size group 4-D.
- (1) Die Hard lead acid size group 27-D.
- (1) battery switch of the rotary type.
- The main electrical panel was mounted behind companionway entry steps
- Xantrex 600 and 300 power inverters.
- (2) Kyocera KC-130 solar panels. Serviceable.
- Voltage meters in the main electric panel. For both the AC and DC systems.
- (2) Barlow #27 winch at cockpit.
- (1) Barlow #19 winch on cabin top.
- (1) Barlow #20 winch on cabin top.
- (1) Barlow #20 winch on mast.
- (1) Tacht Ltd. #10 winch at boom.
- Lexmar clutches (new)
- There are two sets of sail tracks on each port and starboard sides.
- Toping lift Braided line.
- Harken mainsheet traveler.
- Halyards, braided and color coded.
- Sheets onboard appeared in serviceable condition.
- Two (2) Pro-Furl gear
- Swivel blocks
- UV protector on furling head and cutter sails and main and boom cover.
- One (1) North full batten mainsail.
- One (1) Doyle headsail.
- One (1) Doyle cutter sail.
- Winch handles
- 15hp outboard engine
- Bbb grill
- Various light bulbs
- 12v extension cord
- Shore power cord + adapter
- Soldering iron
- Volt meter
- Various hose clamps
- Cleaning supplies
- Pilot guides
- 100amp alternator (spare)
- Auto pilot baring kit (spare
- Life preservers 4
- Fuel filters, O-rings and pump (spare)
- Oil filter (spare)
- Impeller (spare)
- Mercury water pump parts (spare)
- Propane sensor and solenoid (spare)
- Pump- shurflo blaster (spare)
- Uv light for water filter (spare)
- Windlass foot switch (spare)
- Macerator pump (spare)
- Extensive tool kit and socket set
Beam: 11 ft 6 in
LWL: 31 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 8 in
Displacement: 22000 lbs
Ballast: 8000 lbs
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine Model: 4-108
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Fuel Tanks: 2 (75 Gallons)