42′ Bavaria 42 Cruiser
BVI Yacht Sales Overview
2006 Bavaria 42 Cruiser ‘Miss B’Haven’
The Bavaria 42 cruiser 2006 model is a powerful, capable passage-maker. With the added benefit of twin helms, her ease of handling also makes it a joy to hoist sail and island hop for the day with friends!
‘Miss B’ Haven’ is a 3 cabin version with 2 heads and showers. The forward master cabin features a private head with an electric toilet. The mirror aft cabins have plenty of leg and head room as well. This model also features a spacious salon with plenty of head room, nav station and galley that has separate fridge freezer, two burner ENO Stove/oven and plenty of storage space. The design of the portholes allow for a bright interior and very good ventilation, making her an ideal choice for trade wind sailing or island hopping. She has been nicely maintained and upgraded with things like the luxury of a 1200BTU AC unit that keeps the interior ice cold while on the dock. The Volvo D55 engine & electronics run great. Mainsail and genoa are in great condition. Lead keel. 135 gal water capacity/ 50 gal fuel. Never chartered.
2017 survey available upon request.
‘Miss B’ Haven’ is currently on the hard here at Nanny Cay Marina, Tortola BVI. She was a comfortable dockside home to the current owner for the last 3 years. Don’t miss your chance to own the perfect island hopper! She has fresh bottom paint and is 100% ready to go sailing NOW!
- Interior Accommodation
- Electronics and Navigation
- Electrical System
- Mechanical Equipment
- Sails and Rigging
- Deck Equipment
- Vessel Construction
- 3 cabins with 6 berths plus saloon
- Saloon with comfortable settee
- Luxuriously styled saloon table
- Sideboards with stowage space and lockers
- Cart table with large compartment for nautical charts and navigation instruments
- Chart table seat with stowage
- Two burner ENO stove and oven with folding cover for added counter space when not in use.
- Top load Refrigerator
- Second insulated cooling box with electrical refrigeration unit
- Double Stainless steel sink with fill in piece for added counter space
- Stowage with drawers and drops doors
- Marine heads with easy-care synthetic surfaces
- Shower in both marine heads
- Electric toilet in forward head, with holding tank (disposal via seacock)
- Pump toilet aft, with holding tank (disposal via seacock)
- 6 hatches that open
- 6 side windows that open
- 2 panorama windows in the saloon
- 6 hull windows
- Three (3) plastic water tanks
- Water heater fitted port aft
- Pressurized hot and cold with 12v pump
- One (1) plastic Fuel tank under starboard aft berth
- Autopilot: Raymarine Ray52/ Raymarine ST6002
- Chartplotter: Raymarine (10″ at Nav Station)
- GPS: Garmin GPSMap520
- Speed/Depth: Raymarine Tridata ST60
- Wind Indicator: Raymarina ST60+
- Compass(s): 2x Plastimo 135 Compass (one at each helm)
- VHF: Standard Horizon Eclipse DSC+
- Inverter/charger: Xantrax Freedom 20 2000W/100A
- Shore Power Cord
- Alternator on engine
- Boat’s power supply switch board with automatic fuses and control lamps
- AC & DC Switch Panels
- Engine: 12V AcDelco
- House: 4x Trojan T-105, 6V, 225ah each (12V Bank)
- Volvo-Penta D2-55, 55 HP with sail drive and fixed 2 blade prop Approx 780Hrs
- Dual circuit cooling with sea water filter
- Engine hours counter and rev-counter
- Insulated engine compartment
- Tank, appx 50 Gal content with fuel level indicator at helm
- Fuel Racor (filter)
- Manuel Bilge Pump: Plastimo 1038 in cockpit
- ‘Cruisair’ 1200BTU AC unit
- Electric Bilge Pump: 12V Jabsco w/ Float
- Back up bilge pump: 12V Johnson connected to 12V Panel
- Steering wheels connected via chain to Lewmar gear to Steering arm to rudder post
- Emergency Tiller
- 3 Kidde ABC Fire Extinguishers, 1 Kidde BC Pro2
- Windlass: Lewmar 12V
- Mainsail conventional rig w/ slab reefing (Good Condition)
- Furling Genoa W/ Furlex headsail furler (Good Condition)
Rigging and Accessories:
- Two (2) Lewmare 48 manual 2-speed winches in cockpit.
- Four (4) Lewmar 40 manual 2-speed winches in cockpit.
- SPAR: Anodized alloy mast, vang and boom
- MAST STEP: Cast aluminum shoe on top of coach roof with stainless steel compression post below deck.
- SPREADERS: Double alloy.
- CHAIN PLATES: Integral to the hull.
- SHROUDS & STAYS: 1 x 19 stainless steel cable.
- Selden backstay adjuster fitted, not tested.
- RUNNING RIGGING: Braided Dacron-type.
- Mainsheet Traveler
- Genoa sheet cars that are adjustable from the cockpit
- Tensioners & guides leading halyards and lines back to cockpit.
- LIFE LINES & STANCHIONS : 1 x 19 stainless steel cables with plastic sheathing.
- Side deck and coach roof with anti-slide structure
- Aluminum Toe Rail
- Teak on seat thwarts and cockpit floor (good condition)
- Pulpit, pushpit, guardrail
- Anchor roller
- Electric windlass
- 2 Delta Type Anchors
- 4 cleats (aluminium)
- 2 spring cleats, midships (aluminium)
- Stainless grab rails on coach roof
- Self-draining anchor locker
- 2 locker seats in cockpit
- Self-draining gas cylinder container
- Cockpit cushions
- Cockpit shower on sugar scoop
- Boarding ladder that folds in to compartment in sugar scoop
- Navigation lights
- Deck light
- Teak folding cockpit table with stowage
- Dodger/sprayhood & Bimini w/ 6′ headroom
- Halyard stowage space in the companion way area
- Fenders & Dock lines
HULL – Moulded fiberglass
BOTTOM- Interior FRP with brown gelcoat.
Exterior Moulded fiberglass coated with white gelcoat and blue antifouling paint applied 2021
BULKHEADS- Primary Integral grid unit. No defects seen.
Secondary Plywood bonded to the hull. No separation where seen.
HULL TO DECK JOINT- Flanged and sealed.
HATCHES & PORTS- Lewmar hatches on deck. Lewmar portlights on coachroof topsides.
DECK- Interior Moulded fiberglass and vinyl panels in good condition.
Exterior Moulded fiberglass with moulded non-skid. No soft spots found. Teak in cockpit in good condition.
CABINET WORK- Plywood with veneers. Varnished teak in areas. In good condition.
CABIN SOLE- Laminate covered plywood in reasonable condition. In good condition.
GEL COAT- White gelcoat on topsides and deck with blue striping. Seen to be in good condition.
LOA: 42 ft 7 in
Beam: 13 ft 1 in
LWL: 37 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 11 in
Displacement: 20282 lbs
Ballast: 6614 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 58 ft 8 in
Dry Weight: 20282 lbs
Total Power: 55 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Year Built: 2006
Engine Model: D2-55
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 780
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 55 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Maximum Speed: 9 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 3 (135 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (55 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 7
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Seating Capacity: 8