42′ Island Packet 420
BVI Yacht Sales Overview
Island Packet builds distinctive, full-keel boats that have almost a cult following. They’re solid glass, heavy cruisers that will get you there in safety and comfort.This sturdy, aft cockpit boat boasts good water and fuel tankage and a spacious two cabin, two head layout with perhaps the best master stateroom found on any boat under about 45′ today.
“Cajun Moon” is on the hard at Nanny Cay Marina. She has just completed all the repairs from her Hurricane Maria experience in Puerto Rico, and is in all good order. I personally went to Puerto Rico a few weeks ago to deliver this vessel to BVI and found all in good working order, a simple and easy to single hand boat with three roller furling sails, a good autopilot and a great layout for moving around easily onboard under sail or at moorings. She is fully equipped to take off on a cruise right now and is surprisingly fast both under power and sailing too.
More Yacht Specs
- Hull Construction
- Navigation System
- Electrical Systems
- Mast, Rigging, Sails & Canvas
- AC System
- Safety Equipment
- Tankage & Pump System
- Additional Equipment
- Ground Tackle
- Steering System
- Shipboard Amenities
- HULL MATERIAL- Hand laid glass reinforced plastic (GRP)
- COLOR- Ivory Gelcoat
- DECK AND CABIN TOP- Composite fiberglass using ‘polycore’ core. There is a molded non-skid surface.
- BULKHEADS- Teak faced marine plywood.
- KEEL- Full integral keel. 12,000lb of encapsulated internal ballast.
- RUDDER- Stainless steel shoe supported rudder internally reinforced with stainless steel and constructed in GRP with closed cell foam core.
- THROUGH HOLE FITTINGS (Below water line)- Bronze skin fittings and bronze ball type seacocks.
- GPS/ CHART PLOTTER/ RADAR-
-‘Simrad’ 2Kw scanner -‘Simrad’ NSS 8″ (chart table display)-‘Simrad’ NSS 7″ (helm display)
- AUTOPILOT- ‘Raytheon ST6000+’ with a linear drive
- DEPTH & SPEED-
-‘Raytheon ST60 Tridata’-‘Raytheon ST60 Multi’ (chart table)
- DEPTH- ‘Raymarine ST40 Depth’
- WIND- ‘Raytheon ST60 Wind’
- COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS-
-‘Icom IC-M802’ SSB Transceiver-;Standard Horizon Intrepid’ VHF with ‘Horizon Ram Mic’ (at helm)
DC- SYSTEM- 12-VOLT
- HOUSE BATTERIES- 7 x ‘Lifeline GPL-27’ AGM sealed led acid batteries in two separate banks. (port & starboard)
- ENGINE START- 1 x ‘Lifeline GPL-27’ AGM sealed led acid battery.
- CHARGING SYSTEM-
- 100A Alternator
- 2 x 110-V battery chargers
- 2 x ‘Siemens’ 40W solar panels with a 40A ‘Trace charge/load controler’ + ‘Heart Interface Digital echo – charge 12/24-V 15A
- AirMarine Wind Generator
- (1) ‘Alder-Barbour – 12V freezer compressors – raw water cooled.
- ‘Side Power’ transverse bow thruster.
- Keel Stepped Cutter Rigged with Roller Furling on all three sails.
- Aluminum Spinnaker pole.
- Spring-loaded aluminum vang.
- 1 x 19 stainless steel standing rigging (new 2018).
- Braided polyester.
- 2 x ‘Lewmar 54’ two speed self tailing winches.
- 2 x ‘Lewmar 44’ two speed self tailing winches.
- 3 x ‘Lewmar 16’ single speed self tailing winches.
- 2 X ‘Lewmar 24’ two speed self tailing winches. + 1 X ‘Lewmar 8’ single speed self tailing winch on mast.
- ‘Harken’ furling drum and foil on each of the fore stays.
- Stainless steel plates are bonded to the hull.
- In-mast furling Main, Furling Genoa, Furling Staysail.
- Cockpit bimini and spray dodger with stainless steel frames.
AC – SYSTEM 110-VOLT
- SHORE POWER- 2 x 30A receptacles & cable
- BATTERY CHARGER- ‘C-Charger’ 110-V battery charger
- INVERTER- ‘Xantrax Freedom Marine 25’ 2500W inverter/ 130A charger.
‘Heart Interface Link 2000’ remote control / battery monitor
- AIR CONDITIONING- 2 x 12,000 BTU ‘Marine Air Systems’ compressors.
- GROUND- Hull mounted ‘Dynaplate’
- CATHODIC PROTECTION- Propellor nut and shaft zinc anodes.
2 x ‘Professional Mariner Galvanic Isolators’ 30A
- PERSONAL FLOTATION DEVICES-
2 x USCG Type 1 PFDs (offshore) adult life jackets 4 x USCG Type II PFDs (coastal) adult life jackets2 x USCG Type V PFDs (inflatable harness)
- THROWABLE DEVICES-
1 x Horseshoe lifering – USCG Type IV PFD‘Lifesling 2’ Overboard Rescue SystemDan Buoy with ‘ACR SM-2’ strobe man overboard light
- EPIRB- ‘ACR Globalfix’ Pro 406 MHz (Battery exp 06/19)
- FIRST AID KIT- yes
- LIFE LINES- Plastic coated stainless steel wire to swagged studs and turnbuckles & stainless steel stanchions.
- DIESEL- 160 gallons in one aluminum sub-sole tank forward of the engine.
- WATER TANK- 250 gallons in a single aluminum sub-sole tank.
- HOLDING TANK- 60 gallon sub-sole tank forward lifted with a ‘Jabsco’ macerator pump.
- COOKING GAS- 2 x 10lb aluminum in a dedicated deck locker – starbord side.
- MARINE SANITATION DEVICES- 2 ‘Raritan’ double action piston type manual marine toilets.
- HOT WATER- 6 gallon ‘Sraward’ stainless steel accumulator tank heated via the main engine heat exchanger or with a 110-v element.
- PRESSURIZED FRESH WATER SYSTEM- ‘Shurflo’ 4.0 GPM / 45 PSI diaphragm type pressure pump with a accumulator pump.
- DECK WASH- ‘ Jabsco’ 4.5 GPH / 45 PSI diaphragm type pump.
- DE-WATERING SYSTEMS- Electric: 1 x ‘Rule 3700’ submersible bilge pump fitted with an automatic float switch with a manual override
HIGH WATER ALARM : Yes
Manual : 1 x ‘ Whale Gusher Titan’ bilge pump in the cockpit.
- SHOWER SUMP PUMPS- 2 x ‘ Jabsco’ 4.5 GPM diaphragm type pump.
- 2 Delta anchors: Primary with 150 ft chain.
- Danforth with 30 ft chain and 150 ft rode, for utility.
- 350 ft 1 inch three strand line
- 2 epirbs, ACR Fast Find 406 (tests good), Mcmurdo Fast Find (new battery 2016)
- Flares and Flare gun
- Medical kit
- 8 life jackets
- Inflatable distress flag
- Avon 8 man life raft (needs inspection)
- PRIMARY ANCHOR- 55lb ‘Delta’ Aprox. 250′ of HT galvanized steel chain
- SECONDARY ANCHOR- 35lb ‘CQR’ Aprox. 20′ 5/16″ galvanized steel chain and nylon rode.
- WINDLASS- ‘Simpson & Lawrence Sprint 1500’ 12-V windless with foot switches.
MAKE – ‘Witlock’
- DESCRIPTION- Stainless steel wheel to a geared tiller steering system to an aluminum tiller attached to the rudder stock.
- RUDDER POST SEALS- Flax sealed bronze stuffing box.
- EMERGENCY TILLER- Stainless steel tiller.
- INTERIOR DESCRIPTION- A double forward stateroom with head/shower, saloon, navigation station, and galley to starboard, a double quarter berth to port with head/shower.
- STOVE- ‘Seaward Princess’ Stainless steel, propane, 3 burner stove.
- MICROWAVE- ‘Haier’
- STEREO- ‘Alpine CDA 9886m’ MP3/FM/AM Radio & CD player. Interior & cockpit speakers.
Nanny Cay , British Virgin Islands
LOA: 44 ft 6 in
Beam: 14 ft 3 in
LWL: 37 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 30000 lbs
Ballast: 12000 lbs
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH3-TE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Sail drive
Fresh Water Tanks: (250 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (160 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (60 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Seating Capacity: 6