42′ Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 42 DS, Dolce Far Niente
BVI Yacht Sales Overview
Dolce Far Niente worked her early life in one of the smaller high end charter fleets in Tortola, where the owners worked closely with the management company to ensure a high standard of care and some offset of costs from charter, without the normal high wear and tear of a full time charter boat. She then in 2015 entered private service for the same owners, who updated the boat with many choice cruising upgrades such as the dinghy davits, and arch with solar, a wind generator, custom canvas shading and much more.
Stored on the hard for Hurricane Irma, she did loose her rig, and in falling over had some separation of her grid structure internally. The owners, as has always been their habits, insisted on a deep investigation of possible damage and the highest standard of repair so the keel was removed to properly inspect every aspect, repairs completed under the surveyors watch and all together in better than new fashion. She did not suffer any other damage and has been outfitted with a brand new mast and standing rigging by Selden.
She is excellently outfitted and ready to go right now, on land at Nanny Cay and available to launch at any time. We have more photos all taken recently and are happy to discover any details needed to help you on your path to boat ownership in the BVI.
Interested in a different Jeanneau model? Click here to see all Jeanneau Yachts!
- Pressure Hot and Cold Water Systems
- 2 Burner Propane Stove and Oven ‘Eno’
- (2) 10 lbs Propane Tanks
- (2) Stainless Steel Sinks
- Cutlery, Flatware and Cookware
- 12 Volt ‘Seafrost’ Refridgeration
- (2) Jabsco Manual Heads
- (2) Holding Tanks
- 10 Gallon ‘Quick Nautic Boiler 40’ Water Heater
- All Clad cookware
- High quality pots & pans
- High quality melamine dishes & platters
- All purchased for our own use after charter service
- Immersion blender
- Ninja blender
- Pressure cooker
- Magma kettle charcoal grill, larger size
- aymarine cSeries GPS Chartplotter with color display (cockpit)
- Raymarine ST6002 Autopilot with a linear drive.
- (2)Raymarine ST60+ Tridata Instruments (port and starboard helm).
- (2) Raymarine ST60+ Wind Instruments (port and starboard helm).
- Standard Horizon Matrix VHF.
- Cobra Marine HH350 portable VHF.
- (2) Plastimo Horizon 135 pedestal type magnetic compasses.
- Stainless Steel Pulpits and Stanchions
- Stainless Steel Lifelines
- Dinghy Davits with Solar
- Wind Generator Pole
- QUICK Electric Windlass
- Many Hatches and Opening Ports
- Teak Cockpit Seats
- Swim Platform With Teak
- 55 lbs Rocna Primary Anchor on Chain
- Fortress 23 Secondary Anchor with Chain and Rope
- Emergency Tiller
- 10′ AB RIB Dinghy
- 9.8 HP Tohatsu Motor
- Flexifold 3 Blade Bronze Propellor
- Dyson vacuum (rechargeable)
- Clothes pins – stainless steel & plastic, non-rust staining
- Cockpit solar lights (mount on bimini) (8)
- Cup holders, mount on bimini (3)
- Go Anywhere folding cushion chairs (4)
- Make sitting in the cockpit really comfortable
- Folding camp chairs (2)
- Purchased in 2019, mostly for the beach, but work well in the cockpit, too
- Insert for salon bed, converts the salon table into a bed for two
- Companionway screen & Hatch screens (2)
- Great for keeping out bugs & maintaining air circulation
- Hatch ten, for shade over the v-berth hatch & keeping out the rain with hatch open
- Oileus X-large 4 Person Beach ten , purchased 2019 & only used twice
- Enough snorkeling gear that we were able to have gear for ourselves & up to 5 guests
- 40 ft. Jack lines (2)
- Tethers (2)
- Docking lines (10)
- Bosun chair
- Mast climber
- Handheld VHF (2)
- PFDs & re-arming kits (2)
- Danforth anchor & rode
- Dinghy ladder
- Ice chest backpack
- Magma folding hand cart with wheels, for provisioning or laundry day
- Selden Aluminum Mast and Boom (2018)
- Stainless Steel Standing Rigging (2018)
- Furlex Headsail Furling (2018)
- Boom Vang
- (2) Harken 46 two speed, self-tailing winches.
- (1) Harken 40 two speed, self-tailing winch (electric).
- (1)Harken 40 two speed, self-tailing winch.
- Mainsail with Stackpack Sailcover
- 110 Volt AC System
- 12 Volt Ships System
- (3) House Batteries ‘Fullriver DC115-12’ 115Ah AGM (2016)
- (1) Engine Battery ‘Fullriver DC115-12’ 115Ah AGM (2016)
- (2) 255 Watt Solar Panels (2014)
- D400 Eclectric Wind Generator (2012)
- ‘Outback Power FLEXmax 60’ + ‘Flexcharge NCHC-12’ charge controllers
- 40 Amp 110 Volt ‘ProMariner ProNautic 12.40P’Battery Chartger’ (2012)
- 80 Amp Alternator
- 30 Amp 50′ Shore Power Cord
Dolce Far Niente
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
LOA: 42 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 7 in
LWL: 38 ft 2 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 3 in
Displacement: 20000 lbs
Ballast: 5600 lbs
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH4AE – approx 3400 hours
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Cruising Speed: 6 knots
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 (94 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (34 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 2 (35 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2