42′ Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 43 DS
BVI Yacht Sales Overview
2002 42′ Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 43 DS ‘ La Dolce Vita’
La Dolce Vita is currently on the hard it Ottley Hall boat yard in St Vincent.
She is ready for the next owner to continue bringing the boat back to her former glory.
The Jeanneau 43 DS is a very popular design and stepping on board you can see why. The boat is completely set up with family cruising in mind, from the spacious uncluttered decks, substantial cockpit, easy access to the transom and with all lines leaving aft, this boat can easily be sailed short handed.
Stepping down below, the interior is bright, spacious and well ventilated.
The large wraparound windows that the deck salon features really make this boat stand out from the crowd.
The versatile cabin set up can see you comfortably accommodate upto 9 guests!
The Aft can either be set up as 2 double cabins or there is the option to remove the internal wall to make a ginormous master suite. The saloon table can drop down to create a double berth, there is a snug bunk cabin forward with a hinged single bed that can double up as a work station or extra storage. The forepeak cabin has a good sized a double centerline bed.
If you are looking for a well priced family cruiser to continue upgrading. La Dolce Vita is not to be overlooked.
- Interior Description
- Deck and Cockpit
- Sails and Rigging
- Mechanical & Safety Equipment
- 3 or 4 cabin layout
- Aft stateroom with dividing wall to create 2 cabins
- Forepeak cabin with centerline berth
- Bunk cabin to stb with fold down bed.
- large bathroom with separate shower stall on the port side of the companionway.
- Day head/wet room opposite bunk room port fwd
- Wrap-around panoramic windows from within the salon.
- Headroom is 6′ 5″ through most of the interior.
- U-shaped settee and dining table to starboard
- Twin seats divided by a smaller navigation table to port.
- Large L-shaped galley starboard side of the companionway,
- Twin stainless steel sinks
- Two burner stove/oven (needs replacement)
- Storage area for pots & pans.
- Separate refrigerator and ice-box compartments.
- Topload hatch
- The icebox compartment has a top load access and can be made into a freezer with the addition of freezer module. (new compressors needed)
- Cherry wood finish throughout interior
- New upholstery in saloon
- Large Stainless Steel Wheel/Helm on pedestal
- Ample Seating
- Foldable integrated table in cockpit
- Teak-laid cockpit
- Companionway constructed of fiberglass with teak overlay
- Bimini – Large red canvas top
- Pressurized built in hot and cold cockpit shower (line needs replacing)
- Push pit, pull pit
- Outboard bracket mounted at stern push pit
- Lifelines with gates port and starboard for easy boarding
- Large Aluminum Cleats (6)
- Hatches, Ports – Aluminum Framed Hatch
- Windlass: Quick High Performance
- Anchor chain (150ft)
- Aluminum mast and boom, keel stepped
- Split backstay
- Double spreader masthead rig
- Furling system on forestay
- Running Rigging
- Rope clutches
- 2x Harken 44 cabin top winches – controls halyards and mainsheet
- Harken 48 primary genoa winches
- The mainsheet traveler, halyards and control lines (all situated on the coach house)
- Mainsail- found brittle (possibly serviceable but needs replacing)
- Genoa- found brittle (possibly serviceable but needs replacing)
- Standing rigging
- (2) Lead acid house batteries new 2021
- (1) Engine start battery new 2021
- Electrical Panel DC/AC at Navstation
- (3) battery isolator switches aft cabin
- AC- 230 Volts
- Shore Power Cable And Connection
- Needs master circuit breaker and battery charger
- Depth Sounder (Condition Unknown)
- Vhf Marine Radio: (1) Oceanus Vhf Marine
- Compass at helm station
- Pressurized fresh water pump
- Water heater
- Fire extinguishers (out of date)
- Emergency tiller
- Electric bilge pump new 2021
- Manual bilge pump
La Dolce Vita