46′ Hallberg-Rassy 46
BVI Yacht Sales Overview
2003 46′ Hallberg-Rassy 46 ‘Sonder’
Is this the Blue Water cruiser the one you have been waiting for?
- Deck layout and Equipment
- Sails and Rigging
- HULL CONSTRUCTION GRP hull, built under supervision of Lloyd’s Register of Shipping and certificated. Laid-up laminate construction of isophthalic gelcoat and isopolyester.
- Insulated above the waterline.
- Built in longitudinal stringers.
- HULL FINISH White hull with integrated rubbing strake and brass strip under blue decorative band.
- DECK CONSTRUCTION GRP sandwich construction, 35mm for strength and insulation. Hull and deck completely joined by overlapping GRP laminate.
- DECK FINISH Teak laid decks and coachroof. Bulwark formed in the deck and hull mouldings and fitted with a solid capping in teak.
- KEEL Ballast keel in lead with stainless steel bolts.
- RUDDER Rudder blade in GRP. Rudder main shaft diameter 80mm stainless steel. Heavy cast rudder fittings in bronze.
- STERN DESIGN Sugar scoop stern design with bathing platform trimmed with teak slats and stainless steel steps for access to the stern deck.
- CERTIFICATION Built under supervision by Germanischer Lloyd and is certified by Germanischer Lloyd and delivered with a CE certificate and a CE plaque for category A (unlimited ocean voyages).
- ANCHOR: 40 KG Rocna C.Q.R style with chain and rode Forward drained locker for anchor chain and space for fenders
- Double stainless steel bow rollers.
- WINDLASS: Lofrans Progress 2 electric anchor windlass operational from the bow or helm.
- DECK ACCESS Double lifelines on seven pairs of stainless steel stanchions, total height 72cm. Gates amidships port and starboard.
- Pulpit and pushpit.
- Folding stainless steel bathing ladder on stern..
- HATCHES: 13 windows, twelve of which open.
- 5 skylights.
- Washboard system for main companionway.
- CANVASWORK; Custom full cockpit enclosure.
- Shade covers for hard dodger windshield.
- DECK PLUMBING Hot and cold freshwater deck shower at bathing platform.
- COCKPIT Teak-laid cockpit seats and floor, protected by permanent windscreens in tempered glass in light alloy frames. The middle pane opens.
- Handholds on side panels.
- Hallberg Rassy hard doghouse.
- Instruments over companionway.
- COCKPIT TABLE Varnished teak cockpit table fitted on pedestal.
- STEERING GRP pedestal type.
- 100cm diameter stainless steel steering wheel with leather cover.
- OUTBOARD CRANE Stainless steel pole with arm for outboard lifting crane on starboard quarter.
- 2 x 40cm polished cleats forward and aft.
- 2 x 30cm cleats midships for spring lines.
- Fittings for spare tiller, genoa track, double travellers and double foot blocks.
- Brass rub strakes for all cleats
- Dorade vents.
- Stainless steel chainplates.
- Two aft hatch lockers for sails, lines, etc.
- One hatch locker for dry items, such as cockpit cushions.
- Custom stainless steel arch for radar and dinghy davits with lifting tackle.
- Compartment starboard of the cockpit for two gas bottles.
- Flag staff.
- Warps and fenders
Sails, rigging and canvas are intended to maximize crew comfort and safety while minimizing effort and crew size. Sonder is set-up to be handled easily by two with
hydraulic furling for the mainsail, and hydraulic Furlex genoa furler, electric
winches for genoa sheets and mainsheet.
- The mast is steeped on a base on the cabin top directly over a reinforced bulkhead.
- Sloop rig.
- Seldén mast with Furlex Hydraulic in-mast furler.
- Seldén boom.
- Running backstays.
- Furlex Hydraulic furler.
- Genoa lead cars with line pullers led to cockpit.
- Adjustable lead cars for staysail sheets.
- 2 x electric Lewmar 64 primary winches in cockpit.
- 1 x electric Lewmar 44 mainsheet winch in cockpit.
- 1 x manual Lewmar 44 mainsheet winch in cockpit.
- 2 x manual Lewmar 44 halyard winches on mast.
- 1 x manual Lewmar on mast for spinnaker pole lift.
- SPINNAKER GEAR Spinnaker pole stowed on mast with heel lift and topping lift.
- 2 x spinnaker halyards with stoppers.
- Six berths in three cabins, excluding the saloon.
- Interior joinery finished in Mahogany with satin finish.
- The layout and accommodations in Sonder offer incredible comfort and functionality underway or docked.
- Louvered cabinet doors throughout ensure proper ventilation for items stowed away.
- Handrails, companionway and hatch guides in solid Bangkok teak.
- Teak soles with light inlays
- Surfaces in galley in Arborite – colour White.
- Head countertops in Corian colour White.
- Ceiling is lined with vinyl panels in the saloon, aft cabin and passageway vinyl panels have mahogany inlays.
- Wooden inner frames for skylights.
- Upholstery throughout in a soft green colour with diamond pattern.
- All windows and hatches feature blinds or curtains and screens.
- Clock and barometer.
- FORWARD V-BERTH – Features a V-berth with infill piece to convert the two berths into one large double cabin berth.
- Abundant storage, including cabinets above the berth, a locker and storage below the berths.
- Large bin storage for extra sails under the V-berth.
- PORT FORWARD TWIN CABIN- Located to port side across from the forward head and features two bunked berths, a hanging locker, cabinets, a large mirror and a bedside tabletop. Plenty of storage space.
- FORWARD HEAD- Bright and airy this head is finished in easy to clean white laminates. Corian countertop with washbasin, electric GPI protected outlets (110V and 220V), mirror with light, teak grating and an electric toilet.
- Floor is a formed GRP shower stall drained in a tube through a filter and pumped directly overboard.
- Opening window in the shower.
- SALOON- The saloon features a settee/pilot berth to starboard with the large dining table and L shaped settee to port. Stereo and CD entertainment system.
- NAVIGATION AREA The navigation station is large, forward facing and located to port across from the galley. Featuring a large chart table with drawers and lockers, which houses the electronics and navigation equipment.
- Comfortable seating and storage under the seat and in drawers along side.
- Walk through passageway to the aft cabin with access to the large engine room and a unique custom locker to accommodate laptop and printer.
- Electrics switchboard with circuit breakers situated directly aft of the navigation table.
- GALLEY- Designed to be functional whether at sea or at dockage. A space where the crew can safely function under any conditions with abundant handholds, well designed storage spaces, countertop fiddles, and excellent equipment.
- Abundant storage for dishes, silverware, pots and pans in drawers, cabinets, lockers, countertop and shelves.
- Opening porthole.
- SINKS- Deep, double stainless steel sinks, featuring both pressure hot and cold water as well as salt and seawater foot pumps.
- COOKER/HOB- Force 10 gimballed 3-burner propane stove with oven and broiler.
- REFRIGERATOR/ Two top loading refrigerator/freezers with insulated, seawater cooled.
- 24V FREEZER compressors (cold plate replaced 2015).
- One unit is in the galley while the other is just behind the navigation station, convenient yet out of the traffic of the galley.
- OWNER’S STATEROOM- Features a center line queen sized bed, a dressing settee to port and an en suite head with separate stall shower to starboard.
- Abundant storage, including a hanging locker, drawers, shelves, cabinets, countertops and bulk storage areas below the berth and settee.
- The cabin is bright and airy with opening ports and hatch.
- Headroom in the aft cabin is 1.95m (6ft5).
- EN SUITE HEAD- Bright and airy and finished in easy to clean white laminate. Corian countertop with washbasin, electric GPI protected outlets (110V and 220V), mirror with light, teak grating and an electric toilet.
- Floor is a formed GRP shower stall drained in a tube through a filter and pumped directly overboard. Opening window in the shower.
- ENGINE ROOM A very large engine room with easy access from inside the boat that is well ventilated and insulated for added soundproofing.
- Accessible the passageway between the main and aft cabin.
- ENGINE Volvo Penta TAMD 31S 4-cylinder (100Hp/74kW) turbo diesel engine with hydraulic gearbox and flexible coupling (Turbo replaced in 2009).
- ENGINE HOURS New meter reads approx. 1700 hours (meter was replaced and owner estimates engine at around 3,000 hours).
- PROPELLER Gori 3-bladed feathering propeller.
- ALTERNATORS 12v/60amp alternator for engine circuit.
- 24V/100amp alternator for general purpose.
- GENERATOR Universal 11kW, 220V/50Hz generator set. (aprox 870 hours)
- BOWTHRUSTER – Electric bow thruster.
- STEERING SYSTEM -Cardan links with roller and ball bearings.
- Single lever control for engine on steering pedestal.
- AIR CONDITIONING 2 units 1 for master state room and 1 for saloon and forward cabins. 2 x Dometic AC units at 1600 and 10000 BTU.
- WATERMAKER Spectra water maker (condition unknown)
- FUEL 1,118 litres approximately (246 Imp gallons/295 US gallons) in stainless steel tank.
- WATER 1,104 litres approximately (243 Imp gallons/291 US gallons) in stainless steel tank.
- TANK TENDER GAUGES Tank meters for diesel and water and electrical outlets.
- HOT WATER Hot water calorifier. Water is heated over the engine and stored in the 40 litres hot water calorifier and kept warm for 24 hours.
- PRESSURISED hot and cold water.
- All drains from the self-bailing cockpit, sinks, washbasins, etc., are of durable rubber or plastic material.
- FRESHWATER SYSTEM All through hull fittings are provided with seacocks. All hose clips are stainless steel.
- SHIPS SUPPLY 12V and 24V.
- The electrical systems are designed to provide ample 12V and 24V direct current and 110V/60Hz power.
- 110V outlets within the navigation station, galley, saloon, heads and cabins.
- 12V outlets at the helm, navigation station and cockpit chart area.
- 6 x Victron 12V/125Ah AGM Super Cycle Battery (M8) (2020)
- 1 engine start (2017). (needs replacing)
- 1 Generator start battery
- Mastervolt 12V charger (30A/12V).
- Mastervolt 50A, 24V DC/220V AC battery chargers with remote rate control.
- Digital and Analogue metres for 24V and 12V batteries.
- Mastervolt control panel for inverter and 24V house battery bank monitoring.
- Mastervolt shore power transformer (110V-220V) with selector switch.
- Emergency start switch for paralleling 12V house and engine start batteries
- The Universal 11kW generator set or the large alternators installed on the main engine minimize the charge time and provide redundancy.
- The 12V/120Ah house battery and service is provided for the stereo and other electronics that do not accept 24V.
- INVERTER Mastervolt 2500W/110V inverter.
- SHORE POWER- Shore Power connector. Shore Power cord.
- INTERIOR LIGHTING – Lighting has been upgraded to optimize functionality and efficiency. Overhead lighting features efficient Alpenglow lights custom built to match the mahogany interior.
- Reading lights upgraded to allow energy efficient bulbs to conserve power and still provide the necessary illumination.
- EXTERIOR LIGHTING Aft deck lights on arch. Foredeck light on mast.
- International navigation lights.
- Anchor light.
- COMPASSES Compass with light on steering pedestal.
- Simrad speed, depth, wind and multi-function display instruments mounted above companionway.
- AUTOPILOT Whitlock Mamba automatic pilot drive.
- VHF RADIO ICOM VHF radio at navigation station (screen bleached) and in cockpit.
- CD and AM/FM stereo with speakers in the salon, aft cabin and cockpit.
- LIFERAFT 6-person liferaft in valise (needs to be serviced)
- RADAR REFLECTOR Blipper radar reflector mounted on mast.
- BILGE PUMPS Various electric pumps for water, sumps, fuel and bilges. Manual bilge pump.
- Electrical emergency bilge pump.
- DECK SAFETY Horseshoe lifebuoy with rail mount.
- Lifesling with rail mounted plastic storage box.
- Boat hook with stowage on cabin top.
- FIRE EXTINGUISHERS Fire extinguishers.
- ALARMS Propane solenoid/fume detector/alarm.