47′ Beneteau 473
BVI Yacht Sales Overview
2002 47′ Beneteau 473 ‘Half Tidy’
‘Half Tidy’ had spent most of her life as a private boat in the Med, only coming to the Caribbean in 2015. She was not involved in any storm events, and has always been kept out of the water for the ‘summer season’ . Bought by current owners from friends of theirs, she has always been well cared for, and she is located in St. Kitts; the owners are happy to help any new owner understand all needed to keep the boat there, or we can also assist a new owner in making a plan to relocate the boat to a port of your choice! She is well outfitted, very very clean, and has had many recent updates such as hatch lenses, sails, and more to help her show in the best possible condition.
Owners Comments: “Our Beneteau 473 is a beautifully designed classic Cruiser in excellent condition, making it an ideal choice for cruising. HALF TIDY accommodates up to six comfortably with 3 spacious double cabins. The yacht is a timeless classic from the well-loved Beneteau range and a joy to sail. The large cockpit area features built-in stereo, cushioned seating and a varnished teak table for dining ‘al fresco’.
The steps on the stern of the yacht make very easy access in and out of the water, and one of the best places to relax is on the cushioned sunbeds on the bow of the yacht, for sunning whilst sailing or star gazing at night. There are 2 bathrooms with showers and a very well equipped galley with a large fridge. The interior is decorated with a maple wood complemented by blue Alcantara for a classical, nautical finish. Half Tidy combines extraordinary interior comfort volume and light combined with bluewater strength. She boasts more features and creature comforts for a yacht of her size.
The operation and the controls are comfortable and easy. Her elegance allows you to sail the Caribbean and beyond while feeling at home. Below she has excellent ventilation with plenty of light and abundance of hatches. Elegantly varnished wood below gives a real sense of class. The forward master cabin has plenty of space to enjoy with its own spacious en-suite bathroom. The Aft guest has a comfortable queen size bed. “
- Interior Comforts and Amenities
- Electronics and Navigation Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Mechanical Equipment
- Deck and Cockpit Equipment
- Sails and Rigging
- Beneteau Plates dishes cups knife & folks,
- Refigeration -Yes aircooled
- Freezer -Yes cooled sea water hull plate.
- Stove- and Oven 2 burner
- Propane Shut off Valve -Yes
- Vented Propane Locker- Yes
- Propane Tanks- 2 propane 10Ib.
- Barbeque – Yes stainless
- Coffeemaker – french press
- Water Heater – Engine or shore power
- Water System – Pressurized Hot and Cold Freshwater, and also manual salt water.
- Air Conditioner – Shore power only
- First aid kit- yes coastal
- Autopilot- B&G Electric Drive
- Primary Chart Plotter- Helm mounted Raymarine C series Multifunction display and chart plotter
- Secondary GPS – Garmin 128 GPS. Interfaced with VHF.
- Depth Sounder – Raymarine ST instruments I50 depth
- Speed and Distance- (2) Raymarine ST 60
- Primary VHF Radio- Icom 503 VHF and DSC. with cockpit mic & speaker repeater
- Wind Direction- Raymarine
- Compass – (2) helm Plastimo Binnacle type
- Stereo- Cockpit & forward master cabin Bluetooth/CD
- Stereo Speakers- Cockpit, salon & Fwd master Cabin
- Television – Status TV antenna.
- Deck lights- Mast
- Direct Current System VOLTAGE -220V
- Alternating Current power system Voltage -12 DC
- House- (2) Decca 12v 4D wet cell
- Engine -Marine
- Other – Bowthruster/Primary Winch Battery
- Solar Panels- (2) 120 watts
- Battery Charger- shore 120/220 20amp
- Shore Power Cord – yes
- Alternator – 60 amp
- Manual Bilge Pumps -Whale gusher type hand pump Cockpit handle.
- Electric Bilge Pumps -Main Jabsco electric gulp 12v heavy duty drain pump.
- Steering type- cable twin helm
- USCG safety package – Coastle first aid & flares
- Fire Extinguishers (number and type) – Powder Engine Fwd & aft cabins Galley & captain table sea fire 10 BC size
- Emergency Tiller – Yes strbd. aft, cockpit locker
- Bow Thrusters – Volvo 300BP
- Propeller (size, material) – 3 blade fixed, bronze
- Primary Anchors – Lewmar 20kg CQR type
- Chain – 150 ft 10 mm.
- Rode – 100 ft
- Secondary Anchors – 48lb. Danforth
- Chain – 30ft
- Rode- yes
- Anchor Windlass – Leroy motorized (reconditioned 2019) w/ helm control.
- Bow Anchor Roller(s)- (2)
- Bimini Top (note headroom under)- 2m
- Dodger / sprayhood (note height for seeing over) -Yes
- Cockpit Cushions – Some loose cushions
- Cockpit Table- Fiberglass with solid teak
- Fenders and Dock Lines- (6) appropriate size
- Swim Platform – yes
- Bow Pulpit and Rails – stainless
- Swim Ladder – stainless
- Side Stanchions and Lifelines – yes
- Life Raft – 6 person
- Navigation Lights- bow&masthead
- Deck Wash Down System- yes
- Led cockpit light
- Teak cockpit floor and seated area.
- MCA approved radar reflector mast mounted
- Main Mast- Aluminum mast.
- Roller Furling for Main- Yes
- Roller Furling for Genoa- Maxi Roach.
- Mainsheet Traveler
- Boom Vang ( hydr / man ) -Yes Manual with damper.
- Standing Rigging- SS Wire
- Chain Plates- SS
- Cockpit Primary 44 lewmar self tailing 2 speed 12V electric/manaul
- Other- Haylards/mainsheet (2) lewmar 48 self tailing.
- Main Maxi roach- age unsure
- Jib -110 %
- Spinakker – Yes, with sock
LOA: 47 ft 0 in
Beam: 14 ft 2 in
LWL: 43 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 6′ 9″
Displacement: 25000 lbs
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Engine Model: TMD 22A
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 3 (220 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (60 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 2 (26 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Seating Capacity: 10