50′ Meta Damien II Schooner
1978 50′ Meta Damien II Schooner ‘Daphnae’
‘Daphnae’ is a serious, strong, shorthanded offshore schooner which is in fully sound and good condition ready to sail anywhere in the temperate world. She has strong rigging, strong hull, strong motor, and good sails and running rigging. Her hull is in great shape, was built FULLY GALVANIZED and has always been maintained.
This is not a hurricane or restoration boat, she is just a good boat, that has had a good life and is for sail at a fair price.
With her split rig, her lifting keel and rudder, and her seaworthy shape, she is a boat that can really take you places… And in style, at a fair cost. There is also the possibility to continue working the Sea Scout program each summer for the right buyer.
NOTE: Daphnae was painted dark gray during her Nov 2022 refit.
- Interior Comforts and Amenities
- Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Electric System
- Mechanical Systems
- Deck and Cockpit Equipment
- Sails and Rigging
- Pressurized fresh water with Jabsco Pump
- Propane stove w/ oven
- Electric Propane Solenoid with Sniffer
- 12 volt Refrigeration by Dometic
- 12 volt Freezer by Engle
- 6′ 6″ headroom in Main Cabin
- 5′ 5″ headroom in walk-through
- interior assembled in simple way for easy hull access anywhere
- ST7000 Autopilot with Chart Table Control Head
- Garmin GPS Chartplotter (not installed)
- Cobra VHF Radio
- Clarion Stereo with Polk Audio Speakers
- 22″ Flat Screen TV
- Cockpit Light
- 12 Volt Ships System (closed circuit)
- (6) Trojan 6 Volt House Batteries
- (1) Engine Start Battery
- 400 Watts SOLAR Panels
- 1000 Watt Inverter
- Victron Battery Monitor
- 50 Amp Engine Alternator
- Perkins 4.236 Diesel Auxiliary Motor, 7000 Hours
- Raycor Fuel Filters
- Fuel Shutoff on Deck
- Raw Water Strainer
- Fire Extinguisher System
- Tiller Steering
- (5) Fire Extinguishers
- (3) Anchors
- 250 ft primary chain
- 100 ft secondary rode
- Lofrans Falkon Electric Windlass
- Saltwater Foredeck Wash
- Deck Awning
- Dodger over Companionway
- Fenders and Docklines
- Pulpits, Stantions and Lifelines
- (20) Type IV life jackets
- Running Lights
- Steaming Light
- Anchor Light
- Original Masts
- Standing Rigging inspected 2021 (unknown age)
- Mainsail (OK)
- Main Staysail (Good)
- Genoa (Good)
- Roller Furling for Genoa
- (2) Spinakkers
- Spinakker Pole
- Fisherman Staysail (OK)
- Gollywobbler (OK)
- Assorted other small heavy sails
- (6) Winches at masts
- (4) winches at Cockpit
Daphnae is fitted out inside in a simple fashion utilizing plywood panels and basic joinery such that any hands on owner may access any area or even modify the interior to their needs, indeed she carries many different interior layouts throughout the season.
Her current layout is as follows:
- Forward most a large forepeak sail locker accessed from a large deck hatch
- Aft of the forepeak bulkhead is a pair of equal sized cabins made by splitting the space on centerline, giving at current a pair of bunk beds on port and a queen bed on starboard
- Aft there is a foyer with lockers and also the keel winch at the front of the keel box.
- The walkway aft is along the port side of the keel trunk with a pair of bunk beds outboard and also a head aft of that.
- At the aft end of the keel trunk the space opens to a chart table to port, the motor box on center (which forms the landing of the companionway ladder) and the galley to starboard.
- This large open are circles around the companion way ladder and is fitted with cabinets, drawer fridges, counter space, etc.
- Aft of the companionway occupying the after end of the cabin is a large ‘U’-shaped dinette easily able to seat 8-10, with a detailed folding table and storage all around.
- The masters cabin is forward of the galley, occupying the entire hull space to starboard of the keel box and its whole length, having a queen bed and storage, and it could have a head fitted as well.
- Aft of the dinette, separated by a full bulkhead, is a large launderette accessed from a deck hatch in the cockpit.
|Length at Waterline||47.33ft|
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine Model: 4.236 – 7000 HOURS
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Cruising Speed: 6 knots
Maximum Speed: 10 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (50 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (100 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (20 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 9
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 1
Seating Capacity: 10