52′ Irwin 52 Mk 1
BVI Yacht Sales Overview
1979 52′ Irwin 52 MK 1 ‘Tomorrow’s Excuse’
*** MAKE AN OFFER – MUST SELL ASAP ! ***
‘Tomorrow’s Excuse’ is a complete functioning and live-able Irwin 52, that has been used as a BVI cruiser and accommodation for the past couple years, after being dis-masted in Hurricane Irma. She was in the water for the storm, floated and did not have any salt water ingress, sinking or other issues (she can be seen in post Irma drone footage of Nanny Cay, floating and intact). The boat was refit for living purposes and a slow project to put a new Gaff Rig in the boat initiated.
There are no old mast parts, a new rig complete needs to be constructed, there are many sections of extrusion that would put a GAFF RIG in the boat included with the sale. The masts are in Tortola, and some fittings have been made. The rig is NOT complete. THERE ARE NO SAILS, NO CHAINPLATES, NO PIECES OF OLD MASTS, NO STANDING RIGGING.
The motor is in excellent condition with recent upgrades, there are new house batteries, solar panels, a good fridge, stove, toilets, fans, lights, she is dry inside and with new upholstery and exterior canvas a very comfortable boat.
The bottom was redone Jan 2021 and the topsides of the hull finished with new gelcoat also in Jan 2021, including new awlgrip stripes. THERE IS OSMOSIS AND BLISTERS THAT DO NOT EFFECT THE USABILITY OF THE BOAT.
She is ready to move aboard immediately, and to motor wherever you choose!
- Interior Comforts and Amenities
- Mechanical and Electrical
- Deck and Hull
- Sails and Rigging
- Additional Units
- Pressurized Fresh Water, new pump May 2021
- Dockside Water-heater
- New Galley Faucet
- Upright 110 V Fridge and Freezer – very efficient
- Full Cutlery, Cookware and Flatware
- 12 V Fans in all cabins
- Screens for all hatches, custom
- New Upholstery inside
- Dockside Air Conditioning
- Mostly LED Lighting
- 3 Burner Force 10 Propane Stove with Oven, Electric Solenoid, Propane Locker with 2 aluminum 20lb tanks
- Projection TV and Screen
- Perkins 4/236 Diesel, unknown hours but runs excellent with no loss of oil or fuel, no undue smoking
- Fixed 3 blade propeller
- New cutlass bearing Jan 2021
- New engine beds, and all engine mounts, Jan 2021
- New Balmar 150 Amp Alternator with serpentine belt upgrade.
- Flushed and cleaned all cooling Jan 2021
- New Transmission damper plate Jan 2021
- New Fuel Pump Jan 2021
- (2) Group 27 Starting Batteries (new Jan 2021)
- (6) 6 Volt Trojan 105 Batteries (new Jan 2021)
- 600 Watts of solar mounted on Panel, with Victron Regulator
- Stereo and speakers inside and out
- Electric Aft Head (with holding tank)
- Manual Fwd Head (Jan 2021)
- Lawrance Electric Windlass
- Delta 55lb Primary with 3/8″ chain 200ft
- Fortress SEcondary with rope and chain
- 220 Volt 50 Amp Shore power with cable
- 110 Volt 30 Amp two legs shore power
- 3000 Watt Victron Inverter Charger (new 2020)
- Watermaker Control Panel and Pressure Pump (no membrane housings)
- (3) Airconditining Units
- Honda 2800 Watt portable Gasoline Generator, with sunbrella cover. (inboard diesel generator was removed, however mounts and plumbing and wiring remain for this simple to install a new one)
- All exterior in Refit Process. Removed caprail, rubrail and eyebrow, filled holes
- Hull Topsides finished with 5 gallons of pure white gelcoat, ready to be wetsanded and polished to high gloss or left matte. (Jan 2021)
- Bottom painted with Seahawk Island 44 Black Hard (Jan 2021) – bottom does have blisters.
- Replaced large fixed windows where needed (2020 and 2021)
- Custom covers in sunbrella for hatches and large portlights
- custom sunbrealla screens for hatches
- Fenders and Docklines
- 12′ Fiberglass Tortola Dinghy w/2hp Yamaha OB
- 10′ Fiberglass Rowing Dinghy w/ oars
- NO CHAINPLATES, NO SAILS, NO OLD MAST BITS.
- deck partners have been installed for both new masts, mast base steps need to be installed.
- UNFINISHED main mast 9″ diameter aluminum pole, 0.188″ wall, 40′ long – to be fitted with hardware and keel stepped
- UNFINISHED mizzen mast 7″ diameter aluminum pole, 0.188″ wall, 30′ long – to be fitted with hardware and keel stepped
- UNFINISHED bowsprit 7″ diameter tapered aluminum pole, 0.156′ wall, 16′ long, to be fitted in tube to be glassed through bulwarks and between sampson posts to be installed
- original 20′ main boom
- original 9′ mizzen boom
- 18′ carbon spinnaker pole
- 25′ long, 6″ diameter squaresail yard
- assorted spars for gaffs, etc.
- 4 COCKPIT WINCHES
- drawings for rig, as well as design and construction support will be provided by seller to new owner.
- 1989 Tortola Dinghy
LOA: 52 ft 0 in
Beam: 15 ft 4 in
LWL: 44 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Displacement: 55000 lbs
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine Model: 4.236 – UNKNOWN HOURS
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Fresh Water Tanks: (400 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (400 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (12 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 2