52′ Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 52.2
BVI Yacht Sales Overview
The Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 52.2, conceived by Bruce Farr, has been the pride of the Jeanneau cruising sailboat fleet. The finely crafted teak decks and furnishings stand out on their own. A truly exceptional yacht for the experienced and discerning yachtsman. This top line cruiser is distinguished by its sleek hull and smart deck layout that allows the crew to efficiently control the sails from the cockpit. Set up for easy single handed sailing with four electric winches, and roller furling Genoa, Solent and Main sails, along with many well thought out details such as remote winch controls where they are needed and upgraded Raymarine package that features remote autopilot control.
Built to a high standard, the Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 52.2 features hand laid Kevlar reinforced structural stringers, including massive longitudinal stringers, for a strong yet performance oriented hull. The 52.2 is well known for its success in offshore racing, including multiple wins in the Los Angeles to Honolulu TransPac race (cruising class, sister-ship).
This particular Jeanneau 52.2 ‘Just Like That’ is on her second long term ownership and has been exceptionally well maintained and upgraded by her knowledgeable owner over the years. Originally bought NEW and kept in California with very little use for the first half of her life then sold to the current owner who has been solo sailing her for the past 10 years. He has continuously maintained and upgraded the vessel along the way to accommodate his solo sailing lifestyle. After his purchase he had a beautiful solar/dinghy davit arch built and went ahead and sailed the boat to Hawaii, through the Panama canal, all through the Caribbean and on to Africa where he did an extensive refit . Mostly solo! The vessel is extensively outfitted; All electric winches, AIS, Remote autopilot, 4k Radar, watermaker, 800W solar array, wind generator… The list goes on. He has a long list of upgrades and maintenance he has put into the vessel over the years and over $70k invested in her within the last 2 years alone!
NEW upgrades within the last 2 years;
-Renew Port and Starboard Teak Decks (including additional SS mooring cleats and base plates) $30,000
-Replacement Teak Port & Starboard Toe Rails $8,000
-Enhanced Raymarine screen in cockpit (e165) and 4k HD Colour Digital Radar $10,000
-Rigging Renewal $5,000
-Stay (Solent) Sail Hardware and installation $10,000
-Stay (Solent) Sail $3,000
-New AIS Colour Display in Cockpit $1,500
-Balmar 120A Alternator $2,000
-iCom IC-M424G vhf radio, with multifunction Nav Station remote Mic $800
-Protective & Decorative Dingy Cover ‘grey’ $2,000
-New Electric Toilet in main cabin en-suite $750
Total $73,050 $USD
- Interior Accommodation
- Electronics and Navigational Equipment
- Deck & Hull Equipment
- Sails, Rigging and Hardware
- Electrical Systems & Chargers
- Galley & Water Systems
- Fuel System & Mechanical Propulsion System
- Safety Equipment & Extras
- Additional Units Included
‘Just Like That’ is a three cabin, Owners Version layout that offers a spacious master suite forward with centerline queen berth that extends about 6″ for extra length on the bed, ensuite head & shower and large wardrobe to Starboard and a tastefully crafted desk/vanity to port with ample storage throughout the cabin.
The galley set to starboard is open with plenty of counter space and the benefit of a cabinet for galley ware outboard of the counter. Opposite of the galley is a large C-shaped settee, gorgeous teak dinette table with folding leaves and storage cabinets located outboard and under the seat cushions.
The navigation station, aft of the galley to starboard, is forward facing with a large hinged nav. table for full size charts. The electrical panel is easily accessed from the navigation seat for both the 110 volt and 12 volt systems. The vessel also has a 220V charger on board if need be. There are matching aft cabins, both port and starboard with their own in-suite heads, large double berths and ample storage as well.
Up 5 steps to the Cockpit, with engine room contained below steps, also open to the engine compartment from either of the 2 Guest Cabins.
Cockpit is a mirror image Stbd. and Port and features a beautiful double pedestal table with two folding leaves. The cockpit table easily dines 6+ plus in comfort. At the rear of the table is the custom NavPod containing the touchscreen Raymarine (e165) with the 4k HD Color Digital Radar and the NEW AIS color display as well as switches for the Nav & deck lights.
Double helm stations are to port and stbd., w/ matching instruments, at the aft end of the cockpit, w/ a large transom door opening to the swim platform and transom shower and a massive storage locker below the cockpit sole at the rear.gs.
‘Just Like That’ has been extensively upgraded for solo offshore sailing. All the Raymarine systems are integrated and even accessible from the Autopilot Remote. The radar and AIS system have an upgraded alarm option that would wake anyone from a deep sleep if another vessel is approaching offshore or the anchor is dragging. SSB and dual VHF’s on board as well. The owner has this vessel has thoughtfully invested in the navigational electronics on board this vessel to make for safe passages and peace of mind at anchor.
- Raymarine Instrument Package
- Raymarine Radar
- Raymarine Auto Pilot
- Raymarine full function hand-held remote control unit
- Raymarine Nav Screens – Nav Station and Cockpit
- Enhanced RayMarine cockpit screen (e165) and HD Colour Digital Radar 2017
- New AIS Colour Display in Cockpit 2017
- iCom IC-M802 (SSB) HF Radio and Aerial 2017
DSP Multimode PACTOR-Controler (download Emails at sea via SSB)
- ‘Chelsea’ Brass Nautical Clock and Barometer ($5000 Value)
- Standard Horizon VHF panel mount radio – Cockpit Installed, with remote Nav Station Mic.
- Sony Radio/CD Player, with cockpit speakers and cockpit remote control.
- Flat Screen TV, and Surround Sound System
- Canon MX870 Multi-Function Printer with spare Ink Carts.
Spare Parts on board
- Auto-Pilot 12v Linear Drive for the Steering Quadrant Control (Spare)
- Auto-Pilot Control Electronics (Spare)
- Auto-Pilot Cockpit Control ‘Head’ (Spare)
- Auto-Pilot Rudder Transducer (Spare)
- Mast Head Wind Transmitter/Transducer (Spare)
- Speed Log Transducer/Sender (Spare)
- Depth Transducer/Sender (Spare)
The Jeanneau 52.2 really proves “they don’t build ’em like they used to!” Her hull is reinforced with Kevlar. Rather all of her finely finished furniture & bulkheads are bonded to the hull’s integral, hand-laid fiberglass longitudinal stringers and athwartship ribs. This boat is built like a bank vault and will stand up to anything you’re likely to throw at her. The actual hull is accessible throughout. The hull to deck joint is thru-bolted from bow to stern. Eight large mooring cleats are in place to handle heavy lines for any mooring situation.
The owner used his time in Africa to do a $30k++ refit replacing the port and starboard teak decks as well as a custom teak toe rail in 2017. He also had extra SS cleats and bases installed abaft of midships.
- Beautiful Teak Decks, including full coach roof.
- Fin Keel
- NEW Teak toe rail 2017
- Renew Port and Starboard Teak Decks 2017
- (2) NEW SS Mooring Cleats & Base Plates 2017
- New Anchor Rollers 2017
- ALL NEW (19) ‘Roca’ Through hole fittings 2018
- 55lb Rocna Primary Anchor w/ 240′ 7/16 G4 Chain
- (2) Spare Anchors; Daforth & Delta
- (2) Outboard Engine Brackets
- (2) Storage Compartments in cockpit bench beating
- Large Storage compartment in cockpit floor between helms
- Vented Propane Locker with storage for 2 tanks
- Teak Cockpit Table
- Stainless Steal Deck Package
- Stainless Steal Dorades
- (11) Opening deck hatches
- (2) SS Deck Vents
- Generous storage locker on the fore-deck
- Custom SS Solar & Dinghy Davit Stern Arch by Wells Marine ($14k Value)
- Cockpit “Nacelle”
- Life Raft – 6 person
- Cockpit cushions in great condition (Never really used)
- Protective & Decorative Dingy Cover 2017
- Dockside Boarding Platform
- Transom Shower
- SS Collapsible Swim Ladder that folds into sugar scoop transom
This Bruce Farr designed yacht makes sailing a breeze. Her forgiving furling sail plan, all electric winches and all lines leading back to the cockpit makes for safe, comfortable sailing from the comfort of the cockpit that features a full enclosure for those rainy days at sea. Custom Solent Sail installed in 2018 for heavy weather sailing. Extensive sail inventory that will cater to any weather conditions you may encounter at sea.
- (4) Electric Harken Winches (2 x 44’s, 2 x 64’s) w/ extra controls at base of mast
- Furling 140% Genoa (New sun strip 18 months ago)
- Spare NEW 140% Genoa Sail
- Furling Mainsail in good condition (Sun Strip replaced 18 Months ago)
- Furling Stay Sail (Solent Sail) Hardware and installation 2018
- Solent Sail New 2018
- Spinnaker Pole Package, and Asymmetric Spinnaker (Very light use)
- NEW Halyards for head sails 2018
- Standing Rigging Renewal 2018
- Dodger& Bimini with a full enclosure (Isinglass windows & Zippers Replaced 2017)
- Full Deck Awning by Total Boat Awnings
- Custom SS line guides/organizer
- New Custom Harken Genoa/Solent sail track cars that are adjustable from cockpit
- New Harken Mainsheet traveler 2018
- Boom Vang
- Boom Preventer
- (14) Labeled Jammers/Clutches for all lines leading back to cockpit
- Various spare Sheets and Halyards.
This is a 110V boat but has a 230V Charger on board. Upgraded 600Ah battery bank and 800W of Solar for stress free electrical power consumption.
- Battery upgrade to 6x 99ah (600 AH Total)
- Solar Power – (6 x 130W) 800W Total w/ Nav Station Control Panel on custom Solar Arch
- Blue Seas Solar/Wind Charge Controler & Multi Function Systems monitoring panel
- Victron 220v charger (boat now 115v & 230v connectivity)
- Balmar 120A Alternator 2017
- Desalinator/Watermaker- Village Marine Tech 10GPH
- Wind Generator
- Victron Power Management (auto selection), 3 Kw Combo Inverter/Charger.(Includes Nav Station remote control panel)
- Village Marine Tech Watermaker/Desalinator
- 12V Top Open Freezer
- 12V Front Open Fridge
- ‘Force 10’ 4 burner propane stove
- Electric Propane solenoid control
- Microwave oven
- Double SS Sink w/ fill in piece for more counter top space
- Extra Tap for raw/salt Water at Sink
- Extra Tap for Desalinated/Filtered Water at Sink
- Teak saloon dining table
- Galley Essentials; Pots, Pans, Cutlery, dinnerware ect.
The 100hp Yanmar engine is easily accessed by folding the companionway stairs up on pressurized gas struts. The Racor filters and engine raw water strainer are also easily accessible in the engine compartment for maintenance.
- 100hp Yanmar 4JH3-HTE Engine
- Folding Max prop
- Upgraded 120Amp Balmar Alternator
- “fixed blade” propeller (Spare)
- ‘Racor’ Fuel filter/Water Separator
- Anodes (Spare)
- Fuel and oil filters (Spare)
- Two (2) Spare Anchors.
- Five (5) Adult Life Jackets.
- Life Raft – 6 person
- (2) MOB Life Rings
- Six (6) 20 Ltr Yellow Fuel ‘jerry cans’, filled with 140 Ltrs of Diesel.
- Two (2) 20 Ltr Red Fuel ‘jerry cans’, with Petrol for Outboards.
- Two (2) extra 5 Kg Gas Bottles . Total now Four (4). Approx 8 to 12 months gas
- Many Sapre Parts
- Cover for dinghy 2018
- Extra lines
- 2016 West Marine RIB
- 2000 Zodiac Soft Bottom/ Fold up
Just Like That
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
LOA: 50 ft 6 in
Beam: 15 ft 11 in
LWL: 46 ft 7 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 9 in
Displacement: 33070 lbs
Ballast: 12346 lbs
Total Power: 100 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2000
Engine Model: 4JH3-HTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1904
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 100 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (227 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (106 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 4
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 3
Seating Capacity: 10