53′ Halberg Rassy HR 53
Priced to Sell
BVI Yacht Sales Overview
2006 53′ Halberg Rassy HR 53 Hull #88
This Hallberg-Rassy 53 is a truly exceptional sailing yacht. This particular HR53 is Hull# 88 of the 88 Hallberg-Rassy 53s built and the last one ever in production. Designed for comfortable and luxurious long-distance cruising. This stunning vessel boasts a classic yet modern design, with elegant lines and a sturdy construction that is built to last.
The level of craftsmanship in boatbuilding at the traditional Hallberg-Rassy shipyard on the island of Orust in the Swedish Western Archipelago truly sets the stand for quality construction: the quality of the molded GRP, the finish of the interior joinery and the standard of the technical installations are beyond question.
The Hallberg-Rassy 53 is a reliable, safe and very comfortable bluewater cruiser perfect for long hauls, even short handed. The deep center cockpit with the fixed windscreen, hard dodger and high coaming provides amazing protection from the elements, even in the roughest of conditions. The wide, unobstructed running decks allow for safe movement on deck while underway.
On deck this vessel features unrivaled specification including a full push-button hydraulic furling rig. She is a masthead sloop rigged with a triple spreader, Selden Furl-in mast, a hydraulic furling head stay, a fixed hydraulic furling inner forestay as well as a furling Code Zero for those light air downwind days. Combined with the electric winches this makes for an effortless sailing experience. Tension in the inner forestay is maintained by diamond stays and running backstays. A Navtec control panel in the cockpit manages the hydraulic boom vang and hydraulic backstay tensioner. Whether you’re cruising along the coast or embarking on a transatlantic adventure, this yacht delivers exceptional performance and handling and is fully equipped for circumnavigation!
At 53 feet in length, this vessel offers a spacious and comfortable interior with ample living space for up to 6 guests with the 3 cabin layout; double bunk starboard forward berth, V-berth and the split aft cabin berths with seat in the middle, U-shaped galley to starboard and two single settees to port in saloon. Both heads compartments with separate showers. The interior is beautifully finished in handcrafted mahogany and teak, with a warm and welcoming atmosphere that is sure to impress.
Meticulously maintained and cared for, with a range of upgrades and enhancements that make her an outstanding choice for any discerning sailor. Full, extensive refit in 2021/22 in Marmaris, Turkey including the engine and generator being taken out and completely overhauled, all hydraulic motors rebuilt, new rigging and much much more! Well over $100k in documented work! All records available. With a proven track record of reliability and performance, the Hallberg Rassy 53 is a must-see for anyone in the market for a high-quality, luxurious sailing yacht.
Currently enroute to the East Coast of the US for summer storage. She is 100% turn key and ready for her next owner to carry on her endeavors. Delivery may be negotiated for serious buyers if we can get a deal together soon! Don’t miss this opportunity to own one of the best sailing yachts of this size ever built!
- Mechanical and Electrical Systems
- Interior Comforts and Amenities
- Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Electrical System
- Mechanical Equipment
- Sails and Rigging
Traditional Hallberg-Rassy finished in mahogany throughout, treated with a silk finish varnish. The insulated hull is lined with mahogany slats to give an air barrier and ventilation between end grain joinery and soft furnishings. The saloon upholstery has custom washable covers and all mattresses upgraded in sleeping cabins. Curtains on all windows and shades for deck hatches. The vessel is also outfitted with Clima 230v 50Hz Airconditioning throughout and Webasto blow air heating.
Forward V berth cabin is nicely ventilated with a large opening hatch to foredeck and spacious stowage for sails under the berth. Hanging locker to port and a vanity with shelved locker aft of berth to starboard, 4 lockers over berth 2 to port and 2 to starboard and room to stand aft of the berth.
Forward bunk cabin to starboard is made up of two generous bunk berths, stowage under the lower bunk, three lockers outboard of the top bunk and a full height hanging locker with shelves above. Great cabin for kids or additional crew.
Forward Head to port of the bunk cabin room is very spacious and has a separate shower stall, sink, vanity and electric marine toilet with a holding tank. In addition to the wet locker, there is good stowage above and below the counter, fixed ventilation from Roca vent in deckhead and opening port in coach roof.
The saloon features an “L” shaped settee to starboard with a folding leaf table There is stowage behind and below the seating with lockers above. To port there are two comfortable armchairs with stowage between, beneath and behind with lockers above. There is a large opening deck hatch above on the coach roof and 4 large opening ports on the side of the coach roof.
Navigation Station to port and just aft of the arm chairs has a comfortable forward facing navigators seat with storage under. The chart table is suitable for a half-folded Admiralty chart with space for flush-mounted navigation and communication instruments ahead and outboard. Chart stowage under lift up lid of table with drawers under. Outboard and aft of the navigator’s position there is a comprehensive 12v/24v DC distribution panel with gauges for water and fuel and meters to monitor and control ships systems and battery state.
The Galley is to starboard and aft of the saloon with Corian work surface inboard and outboard, Double stainless steel sink with stowage throughout the galley. Gimballed, three burner induction stove with oven, so no need for propane aboard this ship! There is a deep, efficient top-opening fridge and another deep freezer port and aft of Nav station. Large opening port on the side of the coach roof outboard over the galley.
Aft cabin features mirror berths to port and starboard with seating between and stowage in lockers above, vanity with shelved lockers and drawers to port, two hanging lockers opposite access to the engine room and additional locker space in forward in the hallway to aft cabin. Ensuite head/shower access where the washing machine also is located.
Aft head and shower with a separate shower stall and access to the washing machine and water maker from the shower stall. Corian counter with sink and storage below and lockers above. Electric marine toilet with freshwater flush option. Opening port on side of coach roof for ventilation.
The Engine room has walk-in access between the Nav Station and the aft cabin. Full sound proofing for the machinery of the yacht and has a separate bilge to avoid machinery noise and smells in the main accommodation. Area is spacious and would make for easy maintenance on all systems.
Volvo Penta D3-110I-A 110HP main engine that was removed and rebuild in Marmaris Turkey in the fall of 2021/ spring 2022. She is fitted with a folding Max propeller with overdrive for extended passages making under engine when there is no wind. An Ambassador Rope stripper is fitted to the shaft ahead of the folding propeller and a 10HP bowthruster is fitted in a tunnel.
Fuel capacity is approx 1080Ltrs/285 Gal in two aluminum tanks with double primary Racor fuel filters are fitted and there is a manual fuel pump to sample fuel from a sump below the draw pipes in the main fuel tank. There is a separate electric oil change pump with waste oil stowage in the engine room. A budgeting cruising range in sight conditions at 6kts is circa 750 NM.
230v shore connection with 75? of shore power lead and 50A galvanic isolator, upgraded to a 24v 110Amp Mastervolt engine-driven alternator plus a 12v alternator. Westerbeke, 10kw, 230v 50Hz, low revving Diesel generator. 1 x 12v 25Amp Mastervolt battery charger, 2 x 24v 75Amp and one new 100Amp Mastervolt battery chargers as well as a Mastervolt 24volt Mass Sine inverter 2500watt
The main service battery bank is 8 x 6v x 200AH lead acid (2022) for the @ 24v system with an additional 2 x 6v x 200AH 12v system for navigation and communication equipment and convenience charging from 12v outlets. Engine and generator have a dedicated starting bank. All banks are charged when the engine or generator are running and all service banks are charged when the shore power is connected.
Water is stored in 1 x stainless steel tanks of approx. 1000ltrs.The tank is fed from fillers on deck and from the watermaker and has a dedicated freshwater pressure pump. Holding tanks for black water are installed at both heads compartments, they can be emptied at sea or pumped out from outlets on deck.
- Clothes Washer: Candy model Aqua 1000T
- Air Conditioner: Climma model 161RC Rotary ( in 4 cabins)
- Heater: Webasto diesel powered warm air heaters
- Watermaker: ENWA 140 L – model MT 3200
- Water system pump: New 24v water system pump and spares
- Water System: (3) Jabsco Par 24 v fresh water pump (2014)
- Water Heater: Quick boiler-B3-60128,2009,60litres 1200w
- Sound system: Sony stereo (2022)
- Interior fans: (4) 3 speed fans ,2 in main salon ,1 per cabins (2022)
- One large “roving” fan (Very useful in the engine room!)
- Interior woodwork is matching teak including cabinsole.
- Upgraded superior quality mattresses in all cabins.
- Custom removable and washable covers for settee and armchairs (2022)
- Headroom min/max: 6ft 8 inches main saloon
- Length of bunks min/max: 6ft 8 inches max 6ft 4 inch min
- Refrigeration: Frigoboat model K35F 24v
- Freezer: (2) Frigoboat model K35F 24v
- Stove and Oven: Force 10-electric galley- model 65336
- Pressure/ slow cooker: Olas GM 8 liter – (2022)
- Crockery: Full compliment of excellent pots, pans, cups, plates, cutlery for 8 persons
- Toaster: 4 slice Becken
- Kettle: Electric 8 cups size
- Sandwich maker: 2 electric type
- Microwave Oven: Daewoo- model Kor 4125
- Autopilot: Raymarine ST7001
- Secondary Autopilot: Raymarine smartpilot ST6002 (Backup installed on switch for redundancy)
- Wireless Remote controller: (2) Raymarine wireless controller S100
- Primary Chart Plotter: Raymarine E 120
- Secondary Chart Plotter: Navionics on tablet
- Primary GPS: Raystar 125 installed (2021)
- Radar: Raymarine 4KW Magnum Open Array
- Satellite Communication: Fureno Fleet F 33- model Felcam 30
- Depth: (2) Raymarine ST60
- Speed:(2) Raymarine ST60
- Wind: (2) Raymarine ST60
- Wind Direction: wind vane (2022)
- SSB Radio: Icom SSB model M801E.
- Primary VHF Radio: Raymarine 240E VHF-12V
- Secondary VHF Radio: Icom – M25 x 2 handheld
- Compass: Plastimo 115 (2022)
- Stereo sony stereo radio (2022)
- Stereo Speakers: 6 speakers throughout main saloon and cockpit
- Television: Toshiba smart tv (2022)
- Deck lights: (2) Aft deck light on Radar mount and under spreaders(LED)
- Search light: Handheld manually via 12v outlet
DC 12V/24V AC 230V
- 12V Bank: (2) 6V lead acid batteries (2022)
- 24V Bank: (8) 6V lead acid batteries (2022)
- Engine: 12V 140amp Gel Deep Cycle (2022)
ADDITIONAL CHARGING & ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
- Generator: Westerbeke 10.4 BTD diesel (775 Hrs 3/2023)
- Inverter: (2) Mastervolt Mass Series 24/100 (plus spare)
- 24V Battery Charger: 24V Mastervolt 24/75 amp Plus new 24/100Amp (2023)
- 12V Battery Charger 12V Mastervolt IVO 12/25-3
- Shore Power Cord: 40 ft with adaptors
- Battery Monitor: Mastervolt link MICC 12v and 24v control
- Alternator(s): (2) Mastervolt 24V& 12V
Full extensive refit in 2021/22 including Engine , generator removed from the vessel and rebuilt. All Hydraulic and electric motors rebuilt, New bearings in Bow Thruster and Windlass.
- Bow Thruster: Lewmar 10.8kw 24v model 300TT (Refurbished 2022)
- Manual Bilge Pumps: Jabsco Amazon 2006 (Refurbished 2022)
- Electric Bilge Pumps: Jabsco 30250-3000g/ hr submersible
- Steering: Mamba Lewmar model 007582
- Emergency Tiller: (aft port side locker access via aft deck)
- Propeller: Maxprop folding 3 blade- bronze w/ line cutter
- Extra Propeller: original fix blade bronze
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Hull # 88